Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to build thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Every year, millions of people RSVP to an eclectic variety of Meetups around the world. Activity on Meetup is growing faster than ever & by studying it, were learning how to help members discover the groups & events that are right for them -- sparking new ways to make their worlds come alive than ever before. We are a collaborative & dedicated team seeking machine learning engineers to join us in designing & building the future vision of Meetup.
Role & responsibilities
You imagine a world more easily connected, where people come together in real life, meet, & do more of the things that empower personal growth through real human connections. We are looking to add engineers to our machine learning team to:
- Use machine learning to improve Meetup's recommendation, search & notification systems
- Design, build, & own every aspect of our low-latency personalization platform
- Develop your leadership skills while mentoring other specialists
- Collaborate with product & design to leverage data & algorithms to improve user experience
- Recruit & present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences & Meetup events
- BS+ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related STEM field
- 5+ years work/educational experience with recommendations, predictions, or NLP
- Contributed to a large codebase in Scala (most of our codebase), Java or Python
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks to robustly build, validate, test, & monitor statistical models
- Implement machine learning algorithms in cloud (AWS) & horizontally scalable environments (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with both relational & NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) databases & RESTful APIs
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, & passionate about enabling people coming together & creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences & similarities, show up, do things, & turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring & developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe & inclusive environment.