Assistant Tennis Professional
We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. Were hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. Were the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners & guests.
What were looking for
Vacasa is seeking a skilled & energetic tennis instructor to teach private lessons, clinics, & camps to all ages & abilities at Sea Colonys world ranked tennis program this summer. You will aid the Assistant Director & Director of Tennis with tennis operations for our 34 clay, hard, & indoor courts at the #1 private facility in the country ranked by Tennis Industry. As the Assistant Tennis Professional, you will present a professional & welcoming demeanor to all participants, homeowners, visitors, & co-workers daily.
What youll do
- Lead individuals & groups in tennis instruction & play
- Inform customers of programs & events
- Assist with enrolling participants in camps & lessons
- Monitor players on courts
- Restring racquets
- Refill water jugs & maintain facilities
Skills youll need
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals & groups of all ages & ability levels
- Prior coaching experience
- Knowledge of current teaching techniques & strategies
- Energy & enthusiasm
- Accomplished tennis player
- College playing experience or USPTA/PTR certified is preferred
- Self-motivated, creative, & well-organized
- Ability to stand, sit, & walk/sprint for extended periods of time in the sun
- Reach overhead & below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, & lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, & twist
- $9.25/hour + teaching commissions
- Performance-based, discretionary quarterly bonuses for eligible employees
What youll get
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse & inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe & productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.