We are seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Operations to join the Shutterstock Platform Solutions team. This team builds & grows strategic relationships with high-value technology companies, enabling access to Shutterstock content directly within external applications. Through the Shutterstock API, we power integrations with companies such as Facebook, Google, & Microsoft.
As a Manager of Financial Planning & Operations, you will lead the monthly, quarterly & yearly budgeting process for revenue & operating expenses. You will analyze data & provide senior leadership with insight, trends, & highlights to set the business unit up for sustained success, growth, & scalability. You will work cross-functionally within the Platform Solutions team to understand what is driving revenue & monitor key performance indicators. This is a great opportunity to be part of a high-growth team, & be the financial lead managing various aspects of revenue planning & diving into special projects that lead to key business insights to improve overall performance. If you are hungry, humble, & a hard working team player, please apply!
We are looking for an experienced, proactive, & driven individual who will be a true business partner & strategic adviser to senior leaders of the team. They should quickly learn SSTK business metrics, & back-end processes of financial systems & reporting. The successful candidate will be an analytical rock-star that can balance finance with strategy & planning & is not afraid to ask difficult questions & proactively seek the answers for them. We are looking for a profile that applies hypothesis-driven approach to solving problems & one that will also be able to analyze large quantities of data, derive insightful recommendations, & confidently present to our senior leadership team. Last but not least, a roll up your sleeves attitude is very important Shutterstock is a very entrepreneurial company where you are empowered to balance the high level strategic view with actual deep-dive analysis with a relentless focus on execution.
Financial Planning & KPI Analysis
- Lead the monthly, quarterly & yearly budgeting process. Review & advise budget preparation with individual managers
- Own / develop business unit forecast model
- Prepare monthly forecast packages & assist in preparation of monthly & quarterly board of director materials
- Review monthly financial results against the plan & provide senior leadership with insight, trends, & highlights. Provide analysis & insights into variances between actual & expected financial results
- Analyze current & past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses & capital expenditures. Highlight trends & analyze causes of unexpected variance, focusing on currency, geography, product line, margin impact, customer behavior & other trend drivers
- Develop management reporting to track headcount & opex
- Address ad hoc financial analysis requests & inquiries
- Partner with Finance Operations including rev ops, accounting, AP & AR/Cash collections to bridge actual results to plan
- Contribute to Monthly Business Unit review meetings
- Partner with Business Analytics group on financial analyses
- Help drive meaningful insights with data that is re-useable & easy to hand-off
Ad hoc strategic projects
- Ad hoc reporting & analysis to support the executive team & department heads
- Ad hoc financial models & analyses to support strategic initiatives
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint skills & experience working with data visualisation tools
- 5-7+ years relevant experience in finance, analytics or planning
- Experience in owning & managing operating expense, headcount, & financial modeling
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives & creative approaches, & with multiple competing deadlines. Can adapt quickly to changes & possesses strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling & analysis
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to create a trusting relationship with business partners, collaborative
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, & compellingly
- Willing & able to roll-up the sleeves to get things done, highly proactive & able to follow through
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences
- Business Acumen. Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive & positively impact business results
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious & not afraid to seek out projects independently
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers & Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, & want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 330 million images & more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The companys brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V