Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute & sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites & apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, & Roku. Our core technology is a React & Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products & viewers watch & pay for videos.
Were a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, & upholds technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Join a cross-functional team where youll work with engineers, designers, & product managers to iterate on small, shippable features for Vimeo OTT.
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, & security for our services. Participate in our on-call rotation.
- Become an engineering leader for our team: mentor more junior engineers, collaborate on architectural decisions, & drive best practices & standards.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping features by building frontend components & API endpoints.
- You are fluent with web development concepts & best practices.
- You prioritize shipping user value & have the agile experience to help our whole team focus on our users.
- You practice empathy while working across teams - we regularly collaborate with peers on non-technical teams.
- You set an example for high-quality code & automated tests.
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.