GIPHY is the worlds largest platform to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. We're the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
GIPHY is integrated in iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more, serving over 7 billion GIFs daily to over 500 million people across the globe. We are also creating the largest distributed ad platform for short form media.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
About the Role:
GIPHY is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who is passionate about the ad tech & media space to join our Corporate Finance team. This position reports to the Senior Director, Finance & supports her in owning all FP&A deliverables for the company & will work closely with the data science team on business intelligence initiatives. This position will also partner very closely with the Accounting team on management reporting & other deliverables & play an important supporting role in the monthly close, annual audit, & other Accounting / Controllership functions. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for all planning, forecasting, & reporting deliverables, including preparing financial models, the annual Budget & quarterly Forecasts, monthly financial reporting & leading the creation of weekly KPI tracking & scorecards. This position will engage in both regular ongoing reporting as well as high-profile projects, allowing this person to display their talents & hone their skills in a variety of ways.
With such a wide variety of responsibilities, our ideal candidate is a quick learner who never loses sight of the details & loves to dig deep. Youll be driving analytics & delivering insights, plus maintaining order by managing information systematically in Excel & Intacct, working closely with department heads & Execs. Were looking for someone who has a strong foundation in extracting & analyzing key data & someone who loves solving unique problems all the time.
You must be flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented, & capable of handling sensitive data with care. Excel is your natural domain, & you shine in a fast-paced environment. Youre a strong written & verbal communicator who can explain complex ideas, listen, learn, & ask probing questions in equal measure. Most importantly, you love to work closely with others, collaborating & working toward a common goal.
What you'll do:
- Be an important & hands-on contributor in helping the CFO build out an operationally focused Finance & Accounting function that thrives on delivering decision support
- Build strong relationships & partnerships with business teams; support department heads in day to day activities
- Drive & deliver three financial statement reporting, budgeting, forecasting & modeling
- Deliver modeling & analytic as part of the long-range planning process including capital planning
- Develop financial models for a range of potential strategic & operational cases, for both internal & external stakeholders
- Create & deliver deep & highly segmented monthly financial analysis & operational reporting that delivers insights for better company decision making
- Build & deliver weekly KPI tracking & score-carding
- Build out, analyze, & communicate ROI of strategic initiatives & articulate impact to overall business
- Prepare financial reporting & analysis presentations for Execs & the Board
- Prepare ad hoc modeling & analytics for business decision support
- Support M&A, capital raise processes including valuation & due diligence
- Contribute to initiatives which better automate finance processes across the company, & which foster trust & accountability in all our financial requirements.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly reporting packages to management & investors
- Partner with the Revenue leads in building & modeling clear ad sales / support metrics that help us efficiently achieve revenue goals
- Analyze customer data & sales activity metrics to anticipate trend changes
- Partner with the Revenue team on analyzing ad impression delivery, sell-thru, & other metrics
- Partner day-to-day with the Legal, HR & Operations teams
- 3+ years of FP&A / Finance working experience in the media & tech space
- Advanced Excel technical capabilities & love of spreadsheets & financial modeling
- Experience working in a startup environment (a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related discipline
- Experience implementing & improving business processes & systems
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & ability to prioritize demands & meet deadlines
- Basic accounting skills ERP & accounting software
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience with Intact accounting system a plus
- Self-starter, ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free catered lunch every day, fully covered Equinox or ClassPass gym membership & lots of other fun perks.