At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, & even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business & have a major impact on our continued success. You will be working with a great team with supportive team leaders.
About the Job:
As a Team Lead at Rent the Runway, you will be responsible for leading a team that delivers exceptional customer experiences. Your primary focus will be motivating & managing a team of ~15 highly motivated & enthusiastic Customer Experience Associates, providing coaching & mentorship to exceed our service level goals. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, & technology & actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution & consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate & resolve issues.
This is a great role for a leader who can motivate others to reach team & individual goals. Were looking for enthusiastic, confident leaders with strong interpersonal skills & a strong work ethic. In order to succeed in this role, your team needs to be successful as well.
What Youll Do:
- Lead a team of Customer Experience Associates with a variety of experience, providing guidance, coaching, & consistent feedback
- Close Customer Experience nightly, handling order outreach & liaising with the Operations team as needed to resolve any shipment issues
- Partner with other Team Leads across multiple offices to maintain department KPIs for service levels & quality, drive consistency across all teams, & provide leadership with end of shift recaps
- Establish customer-first culture & be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance & company policies are being met
- Problem solve real-time, pivoting based on business & customer needs
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities & knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Take part in the interview process for potential candidates
- 5+ years in a customer-centric role
- 3+ years of management experience
- BA/BS degree preferred
- You approach work with a collaborative mindset & drive to help others succeed
- You have a proven track record of developing employees in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- You are passionate about building the brand through incredible customer experiences
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need