Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 7 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-starter ship, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Product Manager for our Applications engineering team. The Applications team is responsible for delivering a best in class experience to our tenants & potential tenants. Everyone at Common thinks about & cares about the tenant experience, but your team will obsess over it. You will be responsible for influencing the vision, strategy, & execution of a team that builds & iterates on our tenant facing web & mobile software. Today that includes our web & mobile community applications, communication & engagement platforms, tenant onboarding workflows, conversion & marketing funnels, & public-facing websites. Our current digital product charter is to build software to support the next 100,000 tenants living in Common. Your objective will be to use technology to create a great tenant experience in a scalable & repeatable way.
The ideal candidate has experience product managing the creation of complex consumer-facing web & mobile applications. Our future PM is a strong communicator, technically savvy, has an eye for design, is driven by metrics, & is a product innovator. You believe in taking calculated risks & bringing data to the conversation. You are excited about rethinking the rental & tenant experience & already have ideas for how to make it better.
- Collaborate with stakeholders & business executives/leaders to create products to boost engagement, streamline processes, increase operating throughput, & generate new streams of revenue
- Influence product direction, strategy, & execution
- Know your KPIs, product metrics, & acquisition metrics inside & out
- Work cross-functionally with engineering & product teams
- Prioritize & plan multiple projects, deadlines, & requests in parallel
- Ensure that your team is shipping high-quality products & continuously delivering value to the business
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- 3+ years of experience product managing complex consumer or enterprise software products
- Passion for great UI/UX & building intuitive experiences
- Experience defining a long-term product or engineering strategy & roadmap
- A creative mind that thinks outside of the box
- Familiarity & comfort with analytics, statistical analysis, & multivariate testing
- Strong communicator, collaborator, & relationship builder
- A passion for Common & our mission to improve the way people live
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- A background in computer science or software engineering
- An understanding of the technical challenges in end to end software development
- Familiarity with multiple software development life cycle philosophies
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, a fully stocked kitchen, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.