JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Global Retail Design Director establishes the conceptual, experience & design direction for JUUL trade & direct to consumer retail. The Global Retail Design Director will direct a design staff & orchestrate their work, as well as the work of internal design partners, external resources, & anyone else who is involved in the development of the JUUL retail experience. The Global Retail Design Director has creative authority over the brand experience across all retail touchpoints. The Global Retail Design Director is accountable for promoting & protecting the integrity of the brand across all physical retail channels.
The ideal candidate will be able to connect with & inspire the writing & design team in a way that keeps standards & morale high. A powerful communicator the Global Retail Design Director will lead the development of projects, presentations & creative execution with a distinct style & thoughtful point of view.
- Manage, grow, & mentor an internal retail design team.
- Work with external contract designers.
- Foster a creative environment that is conducive to creative development.
- Lead the development & execution of owned retail experiences for a JUUL marketing.
- Collaborate with internal clients, including marketing team members, lawyers, business services employees, & designers around the world.
- Ensure quality & timely delivery of projects within budget & on brand.
- Oversee & make presentations to internal partners.
- Protect the integrity of the brand across all channels & conduct periodic training on the brand guidelines for marketing team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ideally this role will be based in New York City, with regular travel to our London, England & San Francisco offices. Optionally, this role could be based out of San Francisco, with regular travel to the other two offices.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least ten (12)+ years at a design firm, agency, or in-house retail design department.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Must be team player/leader
- Passion for creating world class in-store consumer experience
- Strong 3D vision & execution
- Proven Brand Messaging skills
- Flexible & creative problem solver
- Professional maturity & accountability
- Be able to supervise multiple people & multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize & prioritize workload efficiently & effectively.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent client management & negotiating skills.
- Understanding of current production methods, both print & electronic. Online digital experience is a must.
- Mastery of software applications such as AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Keynote & G-Suite.
- Ability to work in an Apple environment.
- Link to online portfolio required.
- BFA in Creative Writing/Advertising
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- This position is to be based in New York, NY, or San Francisco, CA with travel to London, England, United Kingdom.
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive work environment for all employees & job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration & Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles