TEAM AND OVERALL IMPACT
Walmarts pricing strategy is truly unique & we are building Pricing platform to unleash its full potential. We see it as a combination of seamless & automated execution on one hand, & recommendations & guided decision making on the other hand, with the ultimate goal of delivering on our core promise provide low prices, across all channels be it a store or e-commerce.
- Pricing is integral to Walmarts value proposition, & there is always a huge focus on it. This is a vital part of companys future.
- With an increased attention to Omni capabilities, well be focusing on building a unified platform to power all channels.
- An ability to experiment & use data science & ML models is another focus for us
- Given the scope & impact Pricing has on the company, we put a premium on technical & operational excellency
- Hoboken Pricing team is 25+ strong & is working on both e-commerce & store pricing components
- Our Tech stack is primarily composed of Java/Spring on the backend & Angular 6 on the frontend. We also have some Scala & Python in our stack.
- We use Kafka as the message bus of choice
- We use Azure cloud & GCP
- Honorable mentions: Splunk, GitHub, Jira.
WHO THE TEAM IS LOOKING TO HIRE
We are looking for engineers with various levels of experience & specialization. Prior knowledge of Java/Spring/Scala or similar frameworks is a plus. All candidates must have a passion for creating software, with a focus on highly distributed, scalable, & fault-tolerant systems, & with an eye towards operational excellence. This includes monitoring, alerting, providing visibility into systems, & automation of CI/CD & testing. We are looking for engineers who are product oriented & excited about creating software that runs worlds largest retailer.
6+ years of engineering experience