Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Supplier Risk Management team is a part of the Global Sourcing organization at Visa. When Visa buys goods or services from suppliers, we must understand the risk of buying those goods or services. If there are risks to Visa, we conduct appropriate due diligence on the supplier before the contract is signed. Applying a risk-based approach to engaging suppliers is good, ethical business practice to protect Visa, our employees & our clients. Moreover, our clients expect us, as one of their critical suppliers, to have a strong supplier risk management program to protect them & their clients & cardholders. In fact, the banks & Visa are subject to various regulatory (e.g. Bank of England, FFIEC) & legal requirements put in place to protect consumers. Visa's supplier risk management program is designed to ensure we meet all these requirements.
This role is to support the Supplier Risk Management Program. The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate incoming supplier engagements & ensure suppliers are accurately & efficiently risk assessed in Visa's Supplier Risk Manager tool. This includes assessing supplier engagement for risk exposure by validating services & inherent risks, working with risk stakeholder programs (Anti-Bribery, Physical Security, Data Privacy, etc.) to complete due diligence requirements & determine residual risks, & work closely with all parties to resolve & close risk issues. Since, this is one of the most critical steps in the process to determine potential risk levels of the incoming supplier engagements, this role will be required to co-ordinate with Business Owners wherever necessary to obtain detailed information orclarification & document updates as evidences of change in engagement records. This role will also need to identify risk profiles of the incoming engagement & evaluate existing informationto be able to leverage previous due diligence conducted. This role will need to ensure timely maintenance & updates for supplier profiles in the Visa Supplier Manager tool which includes: new suppliers are validated & set up in the VSM tool on a timely basis; parent/child relationships are correctly connected, etc.
In addition, the analyst will be supporting operational reporting metrics & SLAs. SRMP reports monthly to the Operational Risk Subcommittee & annually to the Corporate Risk Committee & FFIEC & the analyst will support requests for these types of management reporting.
- Manage incoming risk assessments & conduct due diligence evaluations of suppliers for a specific region or category of services/products
- Conduct ongoing periodic risk assessment of suppliers to ensure inherent & residual risk remain accurate
- Understanding of inherent risks, controls, & residual risks as applicable for companies in the financial services & technology industry to evaluate risk profiles to determine if the responses for questions in request submitted by Business Owners accurately represent the supplier risk posed to Visa by the requested goods & services
- Ability to act as a liaison between different stakeholders & business owners to ensure accurate risk & control information related to the requested goods & services is being documented
- Ability to quickly develop strong understanding of the process flow & risk logic within the supplier manager tool to successfully support business & risk stakeholder in completing risk assessments in an accurate & timely manner.
- Excellent internal customer service to ensure SLAs are met in a timely & thoughtful manner.
- Good to have proficiency in Financial Systems (Ariba, iProcurement, Oracle, Hiperos) to be able to understand data flow in various systems & determine most efficient course of action to remedy issues.
- Have an understanding of relational databases to be able to pull & synthesis large amount of data from Visa Supplier Manager(VSM)tool in order to support various reporting requirements.
- Develop & run consistent & accurate reports related to the supplier list & analyze data to prepare supplier reporting for senior management
- Store the artifacts of the supplier oversight process in Visa systems.
- Identify issues with the output of the SRMP Tool which need to be addressed & corrected.
- Identify improvements to the process or changes to the VSM tool in order to streamline or improve end user experience
- 1-2 years of experience in risk, vendor management or audit professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company
- 1-2 years of evaluating & managing supplier risk in a regulated environment, preferably financial services, including, the current bank examination & review process.
- Understanding of inherent risks, controls & residual risks and/or risk assessments of entities in financial or payment industry
- 1-2 experience in system administration, reporting/analytics
- 1-2 years of experience in software engineering with experience in configuring SAAS solutions
- Excellent written, oral & presentation skills & an ability to synthesize information & make clear, concise recommendations on course of action.
- Excellent customer service & customer support skills.
- Experience with successful support internal customers & suppliers.
- Detail orientation & strong analytical skills & experience in evaluating inherent risk in engaging suppliers.
- High level of self-motivation & initiative, & ability to operate effectively as a team player.
- Flexibility & ability to think creatively & to identify new ways to approach old problems.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business, economics or risk will be appreciated