BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Freelance Producer with a deep knowledge of video production, social media, & the internet to create compelling videos for the Goodful YouTube channel. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand, delivering on our measures of success, & collaborate with appropriate parties to keep video execution within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, & professional in high-pressure situations. Goodful is a relatable & non-judgmental community where advice, explorations & shared experiences around health, wellness & sustainability trends help the audience to improve their well-being while also expanding the people, perspectives & topics that wellness has traditionally encompassed.
This is a project-based freelance position based in BuzzFeeds LA & NY office, available to start immediately.
- Drive all aspects of production, including shooting, directing, & editing
- Use data insights to create content ideas that align with BuzzFeeds best practices
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time & within budget while maintaining BuzzFeeds high creative standards
- Collaborate with the production department to create schedules, equipment lists, & production plans
- Execute creative video concept provided by Goodfuls internal creative team from pre-production through post production.
- Manage the production & production staff during shooting
- Operate cameras, sound equipment, & direct talent
- 3 or more years of video production experience
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRs
- Expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience producing shoots in studio & on location, including different lighting & equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Interest & knowledge in wellness content
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas & creative vision in a compelling way
- A firm understanding of production budgets & product margins
- A deep understanding of virality & shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.