Project Manager, Platform Solutions
New York, NY
WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Looking for a PM who has 2-3 years experience in executing & engaging in the following:
- Leadership: Ability to lead cross-functional teams (8-10 members) by gaining agreement on roles, responsibilities & timelines.
- Management: Ability to hold project team members accountable to their commitment deadlines. Socialize the solution with Stakeholders, laying the foundation for Implementation & Change Management.
- Monitor: Ability to identify project issues via an Issues Log (escalate as needed) & ensure resolution, manage Change Requests & their impacts to the project, & report status to stakeholders.
- Collaborating with Product Managers on organization & sequencing of tasks that are being managed.
- Work with, develop & document project plans, including: WBS, task relationships & dependencies.
- Gain agreement on project objectives with SMEs & Stakeholders on Scope & Acceptance Criteria.
- Gather & document requirements (both operational & functional, with an understanding of technical) within a BRD template.
- Facilitate sign-offs for requirements, testing, & acceptance of deliverables.
- Process-flow current, transitional & future states of assigned engagements from a functional perspective.
- In conjunction with SMEs & Stakeholders, ascertain LOE on task packets, develop timeline w/Milestones, assign resources (including external), delineate phases (if applicable)
- Facilitate communication between project team members, as needed.
- Facilitate & report on User Testing status; Track & report on any re-work that may be required along with associated project impact
- Plan & facilitate requirements & conditions required for successful cut-over\implementation
- Secure User Sign-offs & Acceptance Criteria for entry into Production
- 4-year degree in business or related IT field
- 23 years experience managing operational or IT projects using formal PM methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid)
- Experience with integrating 3rd party systems
- Experience using any Project Management software (Clubhouse/Shortcut; Monday; Team Gannt; SmartSheets, etc)
- Proficient at creating basic process flows
- MS Office Suite and/or Google Tools Suite
- Strong Communicator Written, verbal & presentation skills; Must be comfortable interfacing with Users, meeting organization & leading
- Organizational Skills Ability to organize workload in a coherent, consistent, & disciplined manner
- Time Management Must be able to manage ones time effectively & efficiently across multiple projects
- Entrepreneurial Mentality Must be able to take initiative & drive for tangible results related to dispatchSelf-starter who can think & work outside the box when applicable
- Customer Mindset Ability to employ a think like a customer mentality both internally & externally when executing the PM role & responsibilities.
- Trainable Must have a proven record of continuing education, in whatever form or business discipline
- Personal Awareness\Emotional Intellect Must possess & practice personal awareness & emotional intellect that would allow the individual to represent the role, the team, & the company in a positive manner, including inter-office communications.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.