What you'll do
The Category Manager, Occupation & Kids Footwear, is the business owner for these categories across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites including Walmart.com, Jet, & Shoes.com. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, & make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the General Manager of Footwear.
Challenges youll be tackling:
Own the Occupation & Kids Footwear categories end to end across all our ecommerce brands:You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet, & Shoes.com) & be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, & pricing.
Develop & manage relationships with top CPG companies:Your suppliers will be among the top CPG companies in the world. You will become an expert in their products, jointly create promotional campaigns, & empower them to optimize their business on our sites
Managing & inspiring a team of category experts:You will be a part of hiring, managing & inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories & allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels.
- Own category financial targets & KPIs (e.g. GMV & margin), & identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve & elevate the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise & identifying assortment gaps & opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors & third-party retailers
- Work with planning & supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs & supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation & catalog data, & drive requirements into the search & browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing & creative teams on category messaging
- Manage & inspire a team of category specialists & experts
How youll know its right:
- If you like owning something & being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results & solve problems in fun & creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 8+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce & Retail experience preferred
- 4+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources & extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing & executing strategies aligned to business goals, & taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing & developing business relationships, & in complex negotiations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, & dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, & outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Lets make a date.