Partner Success Manager, EMEA
Partner Success Managers own accelerating the development of the Appian practices in our largest implementation partners, maximizing the commercial benefits to both Appian & our partners. They do this by:
- Developing enablement strategies to enhance partner Appian delivery capabilities
- Advising partners on building out & scaling their Appian practices
- Advising on delivery practices that help their customer be successful with Appian
- Engaging & educating senior partner stakeholders to realize increase the confidence in Appian
- Implementing practices & communication protocols that reduce the effort required to partner with Appian.
Successful candidates must be highly motivated team players with expertise working in a fast paced, cross-functional manner. Candidates must also have the ability to establish broad senior level relationships within Appians partners.
- Experience Developing & Supporting Strategic Partnerships: Experience with creating & building differentiated relationships with partners in the Consulting & System Integrator community. A strategic thinker who is able to blend consulting & business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives. Deep fluency in the mechanics of partner ecosystem & an understanding of their business & operating models.
- Technology Practice-Building Expertise: Deeply knowledgeable & credible in the steps necessary to build a successful Appian practice on a global scale.
- Stakeholder Management, Executive Presence & Communication: Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior partner executives. Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
- Foundation in Appian Technology, the Low-Code Market & Delivery Practices: Understands the basics of the Appian platform & how applications are built on it. Understands the low-code market & Appians differentiation in that market. Understands general best practices related to project scoping, team staffing, technical development, & ongoing management of applications in Appian.
- Proactivity/Bias Towards Action: Not content to sit back. Proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact. Effective at translating important priorities into actionable plans & then driving execution on those plans.
- Problem Solving:Is a natural problem solver. Able to quickly get to the root cause of problems & identify the optimal path to a solution. Able to see problems in 3D, understanding various facets related to people, process or technology. Has grit & determination that enables them to find ways past obstacles & setbacks.
- Collaboration, Coordination, Connecting & Influencing: Effective communicator in both written & oral formats. Ability to influence others without direct reporting authority.
- Appian Skills Development & Enablement Planning & Execution: In partnership with practice leaders, develop an integrated Appian enablement plan for the partner organization practice & regularly review progress against that plan. Help the partner build critical capabilities that accelerate deal capture & project delivery success. Advise & influence the partner on solutioning the winning Appian-enabled teams in their bids.
- Appian Practice Development: Build & execute strategies for driving significant growth in annual Appian services revenues at targeted partner organizations. Accelerate partner Appian practice maturity & the development of key Appian program capabilities necessary for meaningful practice growth. Improve Appian mindshare within partner organizations & evangelize Appian benefits.
- Develop Relationships with Key Stakeholders & Track Partnership 'Health- PSMs, working with Alliances, should map the partner organization & develop relationships with key stakeholders, expanding Appians footprint & influence within the partner. The PSM should track performance against practice growth goals.
- Major Project Risk Assessment & Mitigation Planning: As a key advisor as part of the later stages of the deal development process, PSMs ensure that major partner deals are set up for delivery success. They are responsible for understanding & creating plans to address the key barriers to a partners ability to successfully deliver Appian projects: these barriers may be related to technology solutions, process (e.g. Appian governance maturity) or people (e.g. team skills).
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, masters preferred.
- 15 years of related experience in the enterprise technology field including project solution delivery, technology practice development, preferably Appian or similar enterprise platform solutions.
- Direct experience working in the Partner space, preferably working with a System Integrator and/or with an Appian Partner.