Away is seeking a highly organized Personalization Manager. This role focuses on driving personalization efforts across product categories, including digital printing, foil stamping, engraving, & embroidery & building the roadmap for new program personalization. More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization & represent the company & brand in line with our culture. You will act as an extension of the wider Product Development team. You maximize productivity for the work you do as well as our external personalization vendor base. This role will report to the Sr Director of Product Development & is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What youll do:
- Oversee the development & qualification of personalization techniques with internal teams & external vendors
- Point of contact for PSN development SOPs to qualify quarterly/ seasonal products & maintain ownership of files for qualified product library.
- Maintain ongoing communication with vendors & internal teams ensuring timely development of techniques in alignment with Critical Path
- Troubleshoot with vendors & communicate informed recommendations for process improvements or changes to internal teams
- Coauthor & align a training program for all qualified PSN techniques for new machine operators ensuring standards can be kept at external vendors
- Create future roadmap for personalization focusing on new product needs & PSN techniques
- Partner closely with Aways Business Development team on Corporate Gifting requests
- Facilitate day-to-day communications with vendors & manufacturing partners / key role in building strong & trusted relationships
Who you are:
- Willing & able to travel domestically & internationally to our PSN vendors
- Have 3-4 years of full-time experience as a Sr Associate or Associate Manager working directly with personalizable product, preferably in a role interacting directly with PSN techniques.
- Technical skills to manage the functioning of the digital printer, embroidery machine, laser engraving machine and/or foil stamping machines for consumer goods or similar personalization services a big plus
- Has strong fabric & material knowledge
- Experience with color management a plus
- Experience with Photoshop & graphic digitization for embroidery procedures a plus
- Enjoys working autonomously on projects & able to share out at a high & detailed level when required.
- Demonstrates ability to juggle & prioritize multiple tasks & projects simultaneously & successfully while staying extremely organize
- Possess strong project management skills: one who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Operates as a partner / in it together & naturally builds relationships with internal teams & external manufacturing partners
- Adhere to confidentiality & sensitive information protocols
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- A passionate ambassador of the brand
- You love to travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire