Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, & studio.
We are looking for experienced senior full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of day-to-day e-commerce domain expertise while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers, product managers, & designers, focusing on delivering value to our members, while building out our in-house e-commerce platform.
- Actively maintain & build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, & trust.
- Mentor & coach junior software engineers.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability & scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming & leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, & task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity & working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, & monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, & design docs to help promote a culture of learning & constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, & call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers & stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE & infrastructure teams to scale & monitor our services.
- ~8 or more years of software development experience in development.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, & always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices & standards.
- Strong understanding of agile, lean, & DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of testing & CI/CD.
- Deep understanding of at least one backend or frontend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, React, or similar.
- Experience with scaling services, performance
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, & can adapt to change.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders, & other engineers.
- Acute attention to detail & dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch & learns, & geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce & third-party payment gateways.
- Attend meetups, conferences, & participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, & business stakeholders to better understand the problem space.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization & localization.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.