Information Technology is a critical part of Appians strategy. We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager with excellent technical skills & a passion to excel at leading within an elite organization. Appians IT focus is progressive & modern. Your desire to employ state of the art technologies is critical for this position.
Appians Information Technology department provides corporate infrastructure, software, support & services. A Manager that is eager to be involved in many different areas of business & hands-on technical responsibility is required. Prior experience working with software development & cloud organizations is highly preferred.
- Manage one or more small teams within the Information Technology department in accordance with organizational policies & goals.
- Implement & maintain policies, procedures & goals that support the organization's IT needs.
- Help business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency.
- Ensure computer equipment, hardware, & software is maintained to meet the functional & security needs of the organization.
- May be responsible for evaluating inventory needs & implementing strategies to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
- Minimize organizational cost through product standardization & tracking.
- Support financial & technical audits.
Knowledge & experience required:
- Prior supervisory responsibility of corporate IT personnel
- Operating systems: Unix, Mac OS, and/or Windows
- Virtual environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, VMware)
- Security concepts & technologies
- Telecommunications & collaboration technologies
- Networking concepts such as subnetting & VLANs
- Previous experience managing in a high-tech company preferred
- Previous corporate Service Desk management is a plus
Roles, skills, & attributes required:
- Strong affinity with technology, especially cloud computing
- Energy & a clear passion for the role
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.