--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 550 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
We're committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. At Dataminr, we believe our differences give us strength, & we hire talented individuals who are empowered to be their authentic selves. Come join us!
Who you are:
You build products that make users lives better. Are comfortable with rapid experimentation & enjoy solving new problems. You have the know how to deliver a product incrementally leveraging your experience with lean & agile practices. You own your own path to production & design applications that are well tested as well as easy to monitor for failure. You understand state management with Redux & enjoy working & sharing different React patterns, as well as exposing yourself to other parts of the stack like our Java backend services & our AWS hosted infrastructure.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you will create the ways in which the customer interacts & experiences the alerts that we send them. This means youll:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how events around the world turn into customer alerts.
- implement industry best practices along with novel patterns & technologies that will help improve the codebase & the product
- partner with other members of the team to plan & deliver the next iteration of our customer web application to support emerging use cases for our product.
- be a technical mentor for more junior members of the team as well as sharing technical leadership responsibilities with other seniors on the team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.