Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning & computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Capers autonomous checkout technology is plug & play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts & their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores & our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology & is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, & Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, youll be a part of a culture that cares about its people & the future were shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
Come join our team if...
- Excited to disrupt & revolutionize the retail industry
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Hard-working & care about self-growth
- Open-minded & eager to learn
- Able to effectively communicate with peers & tailor your communication to your audience
- Previous internships/projects related to product/UI design
- Experience with design tools (must have: Figma or Sketch, nice to have: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator), bonus points for experience with interaction design tools (After Effects, Principle, FramerX, Protopie)
- A solid foundation of product design process, UX principles & patterns
- Completed at least two years of a bachelors degree or above, preferably a degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HumanComputer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Time to commit 15-20 hours/week, including at least one full working day at the office in Midtown
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the US. Students on F-1/OPT visa are welcome to apply. Credit transfer is applicable
If youre ready to:
- Quickly iterate & offer design variations based on design critique or user feedback
- Deliver wireframes, visual design & prototypes as needed
- Support product team in user research & product requirement discovery
- Be the voice of the user
- Conquer the world!
- Competitive stipend
- Weekly catered-lunch
- Unlimited snacks
**Please also include a copy of your portfolio / link to website upon submission**