Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
About the Role:
The Quality Improvement (QI) program seeks to continuously improve the member care & services provided by Oscar & our network partners. In this role, you will manage the quality of care & quality of services elements of our QI Program. You will be responsible for understanding & helping to operationalize & document our regulatory & NCQA requirements focusing on member experience, population health & quality of care.
Here at Oscar we move quickly & are perpetually introducing new ideas. We need you not only to be able to think analytically & strategically, but, just as important, to execute on those ideas.
During your first six weeks, you should have:
- Developed an in-depth understanding of the regulatory & NCQA requirements for our products.
- Developed an in-depth understanding QI Program, structure & oversight.
- Begun to independently respond to escalated issues from concierge services, population health, quality of care & marketing.
- Begun to develop working relationships with key internal stakeholders concierge services, population health, quality of care & marketing.
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Manage QI program documentation strategies & procedures related to annual reports, quality committee reporting & minutes, & other elements of oversight.
- Coordinate & facilitate quality subcommittees.
- Ensure assigned areas meet NCQA standards on an ongoing basis & participate in survey submission & interviews.
- Manage the operations of the quality of care program working closely with clinical staff.
- Assist with other QI Program elements related to policies, procedures & trainings.
- Work with teams across the organization to deliver on continuous quality improvement, from identifying pain points to developing & implementing solutions.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Were looking for someone with 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent full time work experience (6+ years)
- You are passionate about healthcare delivery, patient safety & member experience.
- You are comfortable with quality improvement methodologies, research, & data analysis.
- You have experience creating documentation for NCQA, regulatory or internal oversight in the healthcare space.
- You believe in operational excellence & effectiveness & can drive improvements with internal processes based on opportunities you identify.
- You are a collaborator & can create a project plan & drive cross-functional teams to execute against considering competing priorities & viewpoints.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- A clinical background and/or license or masters degree in a related field
- A professional certification in a related ares
- Familiarity with academic & industry debates on how to measure healthcare quality & patient experience.
- Knowledge around industry best practices & optimizing corrective/preventive actions
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.