Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We are looking for a Product Design Lead to oversee the Revenue Expansion Group within Growth. Revenue Expansion includes our Revenue Systems teams, Member Accounts, & a newly formed team called Cross Product Success. As a Design Lead, you will oversee strategy & design on Revenue Systems in addition to directly supporting the Member Accounts & Cross Product Success teams as an IC designer. Revenue Expansion teams are developing a holistic strategy aimed at helping customers discover all that Squarespace has to offer. As our platform grows, these teams will guide users towards new & relevant products, provide feedback & guidance to help them expand their online presence & grow their businesses, while ensuring frictionless access & navigation throughout the entire ecosystem. This is an opportunity to lead efforts that will benefit the customer (via ease of use & discovery), & by doing so impact key business metrics such as ARPU expansion. The product areas you lead will impact millions of enterprising dreamers on the platform.
This role reports to the Product Design Manager of Growth.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Drive clear team alignment around goals & priorities
- Collaborate with other product teams to help drive customer acquisition & retention for each of our products
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Co-create ways of working from discovery through delivery in collaboration with product, engineering, research, & content strategy
- Love talking to users & looking at data in equal measure
- Help define key metrics in order to track success & business impact
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Help drive strategy in the areas you manage, including competitive research & pushing to leverage potential opportunities
- This role will eventually require the responsibility to grow & scale Revenue Systems by partnering with Recruiting throughout the hiring process. This includes management of 1-3 product designers.
- 7+ years of experience
- Well versed in, & opinionated about visual & user experience design
- Experience building end-to-end user experiences for complex systems
- Understanding of information architecture & service design principles
- Use a systems approach to design
- Love of iterative development
- Experience facilitating user research & usability testing
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal & external landscape
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to different audiences
- Passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
- Experience as a Design Manager is a plus
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace