Hi, were Oscar. Were hiring an Internal Audit Senior Analyst to join our Compliance Team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Compliance Department supports Oscar in following all rules & regulations applicable to its health insurance business. Being a member of the Compliance Department requires that you balance enforcement with support. The Internal Audit team within the Compliance Department validates whether designated departments comply with all federal, state, NCQA & other applicable requirements.
As a Senior Analyst on the Internal Audit team, you will audit a variety of departments. Your work will have an impact on the success of Oscar as we grow our membership & expand into new markets, always with a focus on compliance across all processes & departments.
You will report to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Develop a depth of expertise on health insurance operations & applicable legal, regulatory, sub-regulatory, & contractual requirements
- Work on your designated components of Oscars internal audit plan, under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager
- Track & maintain audit tools from Oscars procedures, external protocols & guidebooks, & other available resources
- Conduct internal audit fieldwork, including interviewing staff & reviewing files, together with support staff
- Draft internal audit reports for review & approval of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Monitor & document audit findings in
- Work with Market Conduct Compliance & Delegate Oversight Team to provide an open line of communication is maintained as it relates to external regulatory audits & delegate requirements impact to internal audit requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 1+ years of operational audit experience
- Experience handling confidential information & observing policies, rules, & regulations
- Youre proficient in Microsoft & Google applications
- Experience working for a Big Four firm or health insurer
- Experience working for a state or federal regulatory body
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.