Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 2-4+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a high performer with experience working as part of a dynamic team to drive initiatives to support company growth & operations. You love making sense of large amounts of data, developing models & conducting research to inform decision making, & creating presentations to convey strategic insights. You're simultaneously able to work on big picture thinking (strategy) & tactical execution (operations). You have a high aptitude for both quantitative & qualitative skills.
You take the initiative to own projects & deliver results with the goal to make the organization more successful. You're passionate about bringing your strategic, analytical, & data skills to a growing organization. You will work with a cross-functional team of content experts, AI/ML scientists, product managers, & engineers - to solve challenging problems.
Lead, Oversee, & Execute Cross-Functional & High-Value Initiatives
- Lead & support analysis of key initiatives (e.g., evaluation & business case development for new data sources, roll-out of new automation platform/features)
- Develop & execute high-level project plans in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders across data analytics, operations, engineering, product, AI, & leadership
- Ensure successful delivery of initiatives including stepping in to fill any functional gaps across both quantitative needs (e.g., data analysis) & qualitative needs (e.g., translating insights into executive-level presentations)
Conduct Data Analysis to Drive Insights
- Conduct data analytics & modeling, create internal/external case studies, & develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day decision-making & long-term strategic-setting
- Pull data, build models & analyze financial and/or operational data to support key strategic priorities (often working in conjunction with leadership)
- Build executive-level presentations & develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis & key insights internally & externally (e.g., all-hands meetings, investor materials)
Additional Responsibilities (Ad-Hoc Strategic Projects, Long-Term Planning, etc.)
- Execute & complete ad-hoc projects & act as an internal consultant to help answer pressing questions (e.g., compiling internal/external documents for a particular initiative, conducting research to validate hypotheses based on current events, providing analytical/data support)
- Work in coordination with product, engineering, operations, & AI/ML teams to develop both tactical solutions to short-terms needs & assist in longer-term ideation/planning
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar strategy / analytics / operations roles
- Exceptional analytical & quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team; mentors & support junior team members
- Excellent attention to detail, project management skills, & highly organized with demonstrated ability to successfully deliver both longer term projects with short-term initiatives
- High level of proficiency with analytical & presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience in or a willingness to learn analytic languages (e.g., SQL) & visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker); Bonus points for knowledge of programming/coding (e.g., Python, Java)
- Resilient & positive attitude with an ability to use a mixture of creativity, good judgment, & hard work to follow through on commitments & deadlines
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!