Software Development Engineer Lead - London, UK
Looking for a new challenge? Look no further!
Maana is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to lead our Platform Engineering team in London, UK.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for hiring, & leading, Maanas European core Engineering team & take ownership of critical pieces of our knowledge platform.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning & leading work on complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company, as well as, serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Manage monthly customer releases of our Maana Neon platform
- Participate in strategic planning for the platform
- Requires some direct customer interaction as appropriate for support
- You will maintain high standards of software quality within your team by establishing good practices & provide technical leadership whenever necessary for successful project delivery.
- You will actively participate in hiring talented people & assist in the career development of others both on & outside your team, mentoring individuals & helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Some travel is required to Bellevue, WA in the USA & occasionally to customer locations as needed.
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- 2+ years management experience
- Proven track record of hiring & managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven track record of leading other engineers in the design & implementation of scalable data-driven systems
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices & agile project management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative & fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, & complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming languages such as Scala, Java, C# or C++
- Experience with data visualizations (D3.js, highcharts, WebGL)
- Experience developing compelling, interactive experiences (games, multimedia, etc)
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices across teams
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline
- Scala experience
- Experience with Containers. Docker highly desired.
- Building applications using the JVM ecosystem
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities & activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.