What is the Role?
The Procurement Analyst Is a key member of Intersections procurement team & will be tasked with interacting with business partners from across the Companys various business lines, along with working with vendors & distributors to identify savings opportunities & purchase goods at the best possible cost while meeting the needs of the business.
This role will allow the Procurement Analyst to learn the different facets of the business & serve as a direct partner with the finance team & with internal stakeholders across the company. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who excels working in a fast-paced start-up environment. Moreover, the ideal candidate will offer thought leadership & exhibit significant maturity & independence.
The Procurement Analyst will report to the Procurement Director but will be intricately involved in the procurement process across all the Companys various business lines. As such, the ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with a number of senior executives on a regular basis.
Within your first month, you will:
- Become acquainted with the team & the broader organization
- Establish a cadence of meetings with your manager & identify a preliminary set of goals
- Maintain purchasing records, including communications & source documents
- Contribute to weekly/monthly procurement reporting of KPIs
Within your first two months, you will:
- Become a lead business partner for subset of departments
- Issue purchase orders & manage vendor issues for subset of departments
- Take lead on key procurement reporting
- Update company approved vendor list
- Expand your contributions to the team & begin to take ownership of projects/processes
Within your first three months, you will:
- Take over certain vendor relationship management efforts
- Support in creating automation of data presentation/visualization & continuous improvement of procurement dashboards & KPIs
- Take initiative on cost savings & efficiency improvement opportunities across the team & organization
Within your first year, you will:
- Be a fully integrated, highly functional member of the Procurement team
- Be relied upon by business partners across the organization for delivering key deliverables & input
- Be a source of spend & savings insights for the senior leadership team
You are great for this role, because you have:
- High attention to detail
- Strong data analysis skills
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- High proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Interest & desire to uncover savings & recommend process improvements
- 2-3 years of experience as a purchasing professional, including capital procurement & associated accounting treatment
- Knowledge of procure-to-pay life cycle
- Proficiency in Microsoft GP Dynamics desired but not required
- Data visualization experience preferred (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Bachelors degree and/or other industry certifications preferred
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status & all other legally protected characteristics.