SoundHound builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new & meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Scientist to innovate Natural Language Processing techniques used for Automatic Speech Recognition. As a scientist on the Language Modeling team, you will collaborate with other researchers, software engineers, & product managers to deliver Machine Learning models with state-of-the-art accuracy. Your work will have a direct impact on the solutions we provide to customers like Mercedes Benz & Deutsche Telekom.
You will enjoy seeing your Machine Learning research lead to improved language model accuracy & the creation of language models for languages not yet in production. Our team, which is distributed across our offices in North America & Europe, is currently exploring areas such as Deep Learning-based Neural Language Models & End-to-End ASR.
In this role, you will:
- Research state-of-the-art methods in language modeling
- Prototype & productionize novel Machine Learning models
- Solve Natural Language Processing problems including punctuation correction, text segmentation, & diacritization
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
- You have publications or extensive research work in Natural Language Processing
- You are adept at machine learning algorithms
- You take pride in writing clean Python, Java or C++ code
- You thrive in a culture that values diversity, community, & growth
- You love to learn & share your knowledge with teammates
Wed be especially excited if you have experience training Deep Neural Network models on GPU clusters & possess deep fluency in academic fields relevant to statistical language models. Be sure to mention if your research has centered around applying Deep Learning methods to Natural Language Processing.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, & inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported & can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, & receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, & flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, & culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team & bring your unique voice to our mission!