Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing so developers & businesses can spend more time creating software that changes the world.
We want people who are passionate about building huge-scale networks on the Internet that our customers love.
DigitalOcean is on a mission to simplify cloud infrastructure for millions of software developers around the world. Engineers at DigitalOcean have a direct impact on the cloud technology that their peers in the developer community leverage every single day. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that is striving to build something meaningful for the Engineering community.
As a Network Developer on the Infrastructure team, youll work directly with our Network Engineers to design, implement, & maintain the tools, monitoring, & automation frameworks that provide management capabilities for DigitalOceans network, from the Internet edge to the hypervisor. Our networks need to be massively scalable & enable agility while providing our hundreds of thousands of customers with the most stable platform. We work with other infrastructure & engineering teams to ensure new products & features can operate at scale & provide the performance our customers require. You will build automation systems for network engineering as well as work on SDN (Software Defined Networking) & DigitalOceans overlay network. Your two favorite words will rapidly become automated remediation. Our Networking org is critical to building out DOs future products & success.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Providing hands-on technical design & engineering for network-related tools & systems
- Working with networking-focused software engineers to develop/maintain our SDN solution & integration
- Developing & contributing to open source projects relating to network & platform engineering
- Developing & maintaining network automation solutions
What We'll Expect From You:
- Knowledge of & demonstrated ability in at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of network engineering & enough technical chops to translate needs into products
- Expertise with Linux
- Expert-level understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6
- 2+ years experience in a 24/7 operational environment
- Experience with automation frameworks (Salt preferred)
- Hands-on experience with SDN including Contrail, Nuage, OpenDayLight, OpenFlow, etc.
Technologies we use:
- Languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Perl
- Tools: Juniper Technologies, Netconf, NetBox, IPFIX, SDN
- Frameworks: Salt, Napalm, OpenConfig
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial, & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in the office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.