Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the most agile data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Your consulting projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of 100+ data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses & Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, & support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product & customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, & access to senior management as part of a global team. Your mission is to help our clients & prospects in the East Asia region to realize their full potential through support services, accelerated adoption & productive use of Denodo's data virtualization capability in many solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills & client communication between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Support, education & coaching during the introduction as well as ongoing projects of the Denodo Platform to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
- Conception, implementation, & execution of customer-specific integration projects based on the Denodo Platform.
- Diagnose & resolve clients inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Participate in problem escalation & call prevention projects to help clients & other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Contribute to knowledge management activities & promote best practices for project execution.
- Engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, & use of the Denodo Platform.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client & build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners & colleagues.
- Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master).
- Solid understanding of SQL & a good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML, JMS, & Web technologies.
- Professional curiosity & the ability to enable yourself in new technologies & tasks.
- Creativity finding the root cause of issues & providing solutions.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, & some weekends when needed for on-call periods.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.