THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons Analytics & Business Insights team develops critical metrics & actionable insights on our customer base & the broader meal kit marketplace. This team also powers business decisions around complex supply chain & logistical challenges.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The Data Analyst will drive to iteratively improve Blue Aprons reporting & business intelligence capabilities.This will include efforts to develop new KPIs, automated dashboards & improve leaderships ability to make decisions steeped in data. They will also work to support business-wide deep dives & feasibility/sizing efforts.
Candidates will be motivated self-starters who are comfortable navigating large datasets, partnering with stakeholders to define success metrics, & interpreting customer demand signals. They will be comfortable presenting findings through both verbal & written formats. Candidates will feel confident in their abilities to influence decision making, understand requirements in working with cross functional teams, & be confident in presenting to individuals of all levels throughout the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying, prioritizing, structuring, & analyzing ad hoc questions regarding customer behavior
- Defining & reporting KPIs across Blue Aprons wide range of business units
- Supporting company executives in understanding, forecasting, & managing demand in an emerging industry
- Improving Blue Aprons reporting environment through scalable automated reporting
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, & presentation skills.
- Interest & experience in communicating advanced analytics concepts to non-technical business partners
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation
- Experience with dashboarding, KPI creation, & reporting
- Coding skills, including:
- Advanced data manipulation skills in SQL
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, & constantly evolving environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.