Hey there! We're Morning Brew- a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we're nice and have great swag. We are looking for a Manager, Analytics & Insight to join our team.
While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
It's our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we're building something special. Want in? Read on.
Reporting into the VP of Growth, the Manager, Analytics & Insights will play a crucial role in shaping and advancing our analytics and data infrastructure, and enabling a data-driven culture in every part of our business. Specifically, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders and provide them with strategic and analytic insights to drive customer acquisition, engagement and monetization.
Here's what you'll be working on:
- Lead the development and rollout of our Business Intelligence tool, and help enable self-service amongst our organization
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Support ad hoc data and analysis requests as needed, but over time translate them into tools and metrics.
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of proprietary data to generate insights, leverage results to increase acquisition, conversion, and retention at every touch point
- Develop deep-dive analysis accompanied by strategic & tactical optimization recommendations
- Hire and manage a junior analyst
What makes you qualified?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics or other relevant graduate degree
4+ years of hands on analytics experience
- You honed your SQL best practices by working with tools like dbt, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Snowflake
- You honed your BI best practices through experience with tools like Looker, Tableau, or Periscope/Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and measurement
- Deep experience interpreting results and applying findings to a business setting
- You are a team player, results and detail-oriented, self-starter kind of person who likes to get stuff done.
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical insights to a non-technical audience; experience communicating with executives and internal/external partners
- Passionate about Morning Brew and our teams mission
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we'd sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that's representative of our audience.