VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social, our work is now full-service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD & The Webbies to name a few. In 2022 we have just been recognised for our creativity by being placed on Ad Ages A-List of the most innovative & groundbreaking agencies in the world.
In Europe we have huge ambitions. Our London office had doubled in size over the last year & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them. Now, we are expanding into Amsterdam.
Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas. We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness.
We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. The same way Gary was one of the early YouTube influencers, VaynerMedia has been the forerunner in many opportunities, serving as alpha/beta launch partners with platforms from Facebook & YouTube to TikTok & Snapchat.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
The task at hand:
Our Strategy Directors work closely with a creative director & client partner to lead client business, & are responsible for all elements of strategic planning on the account. They will be required to combine an understanding of consumer behaviour, marketing challenges, the creative opportunity & the media landscape into a simple & clear creative & communications plan of action.
They are the strategic advisor to our clients when it comes to their business & how creativity & communications can help address business challenges & deliver results. This role is heavily focused on how we do that across Europe, with the director coordinating a team of strategists & liaising heavily with media teams to translate consumer behaviour & the media landscape into campaigns with the customer at the heart.
The Strategy Director is expected to lead from the front, but not be afraid of helping to own detail, grow a teams potential & contribute their strategic philosophy to how a client delivers communications.
An experienced strategist with proven experience of developing wider strategy & planning communications across EMEA markets. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating with creative, media & client teams, as well as managing a team.
Previous experience in developing multi-market communications strategies is a necessity. Candidates should be equally comfortable with insights & creativity as they are with data & analysis & be proficient in shaping them into strategic recommendations. Candidates must also be adept in managing/presenting to senior client stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable with change & evolution of plans & activations, understanding the importance of collaboration & adjusting approaches to achieve maximum results. Ideally they would have had experience working with fast-changing clients across several EMEA markets.
- Coordinate & lead European creative communications planning efforts, delivering an understanding of how creative, media, messaging & the consumer meet together.
- Help to build & update segmentations around audiences, delivering a deep understanding of how segments may change across a region culturally, demographically & behaviourally.
- Lead the strategic thinking of an account, identifying & addressing client challenges while driving innovation & opportunities for the business.
- Contribute to the growth & culture of VaynerMedia, serving as a leader in helping to continuously update our strategic product.
- Draw upon a rich background of communications planning to liaise with a media team at all levels, to help ensure unique consumer & media landscape understanding is in all planning.
- Manage a team of 2+ strategists in varied locations to ensure regional & local efforts reflect the strategic thinking in execution.
- Work with creative directors & creative teams to help form creative ideas which can develop into larger campaigns & drive brand building & effectiveness over time.
- Monitor effectiveness & continuously show where we can strategically improve with robust data analysis & visualisation.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Proven experience in creative communications strategy & planning.
- Proven experience leading teams & developing junior strategists through leadership, delegation & mentoring, with a preference for any leadership roles around performance or direct response teams
- A passion for social media & belief it is a powerful brand building medium & effective communication channel.
- Multi-market European market experience.
- Strong capabilities around managing & presenting to senior client stakeholders
- Experience & examples of creative & wider strategic thinking, building integrated campaigns working with creative & media teams in either one agency or multi-agency groups.
- Examples of thought leadership & proactive thinking to address client challenges & industry trends.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
We have newly launched an entity in Europe with Amsterdam being our first office in EMEA. We are currently in the process of reviewing our benefits offerings & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This role is a full time role based in Amsterdam, candidates must be authorised to work in the Netherlands.