Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our GetFeedback Plan Team
At SurveyMonkey, we believe the experience of every customer in every business should be effortless & thoughtful. That's why we've developed the GetFeedback Platform. On the GetFeedback Plan Team, our mission is to help our clients bring a customer experience plan to life that is so much bigger than the sum of its parts by letting them visualize every step of their customers' journeys. We ensure they gather the most detailed & helpful feedback at each of those steps, surface the most valuable insights from that feedback, & ultimately guide their actions to ensure they have the best & happiest customers in the world. The technical challenges to achieving this vision are daunting, but they also inspire us.
What we're looking for
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a group of fellow engineers who are comfortable collaborating on all levels of the technology stack, committed to continuous improvement, & have no fear of daily deployments. You will take responsibility for defining how the team will build new features, contribute your code & expertise, & guide junior developers on their career journeys.
- Participate in cross-organizational technical efforts to integrate distributed systems, build system-wide features, & refine development, build & deployment processes for improved quality & velocity.
- Build out services for scale & performance.
- Work with peers across all engineering teams to architect & build our platform services to simplify real-time observability & operational response to incidents & outages.
- Participate in code reviews & guide team discussions about software development standards.
- Mentor junior engineers
- 8+ years of professional experience with front-end development (Typescript, React, GraphQL) & Ruby on Rails or similar development frameworks in Java or Python.
- A desire to improve the services & customer experiences of the platforms you support.
- Experience provisioning, deploying & maintaining corporate multi-environment applications using tools such as Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, GitLab, & CircleCI on AWS, Google Cloud or Heroku.
- Built & operated fault-tolerant multi-service web applications that can scale.
- Experience with DevOps, test-driven development, builds, frequent deployments & CI/CD.
- Fostered a culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, & working with peers in an agile manner.
- Experience with systems design, including operational design trade-offs.
- Mentored accomplished engineers ranging from junior to intermediate levels of experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.