Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brandsbut also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour Interactive is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
As a Graphics Programmer, you will be part of the development team & be responsible for the implementation & maintenance of various features of graphics rendering & optimization for the game.
What will you do ?
- Write a clear, maintainable & well-documented code;
- Debug & optimize your code at a low & high levels to ensure optimal performance & quality;
- Assess & communicate around the possible impacts of a change in the code;
- Participate actively to the code reviews;
- Work within a cross-discipline team on the development of rendering tools & graphics/engine components;
- Suggest the implementation of relevant 3D systems & integrate those solutions;
- Provide technical expertise to develop & optimize rendering technologies used at each step of the production process (architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, profiling, maintaining, & support);
- Profile frame to assess bottleneck & implement technical solution to constantly push visual quality level;
- Keep updated on the latest technological trends.
- You write a clear & maintainable code for at least 3 years
- You have an experience in design & implementation of graphics techniques & detailed knowledge of graphics hardware
- You possess an experience with contemporary graphics API (Direct 3D, OpenGL) & Shader programming (HLSL, Cg)
- You are really comfortable with programming - especially in C++ & C#
- You have a strong understanding of memory management, multithreading & runtime optimization
- You possess strong math skills -including trigonometry & linear algebra
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time & work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest & a real enthusiasm for video games & the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change & can adapt changing needs & requirements
That would be great if you :
- Have a previous experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Have an experience with graphics tools & exporters
- Have an experience developing on Windows
- Possess a previous experience developing for new gen consoles (Xbox One, Switch and/or PS4)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer & we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & to better games for our users.