The Dodo is looking for a Social Media Manager to manage El Dodo, our Spanish language brand, within Group Nine Media!
As the Social Media Manager of El Dodo, youll have the exciting opportunity to spearhead our efforts toward building the number one animal brand on social in Spanish. Youll lead all day-to-day operations, sweating both the small stuff -- e.g. scheduling distribution of posts -- while also having a birds eye view of how to build an audience, craft social copy that maintains our brand voice, optimize content & grow our pages on Facebook & YouTube to start. You will also be responsible for building & managing a growing team of video editors, strategically assigning them videos to repackage, approving pitches for localized content, giving edits & feedback, & ensuring workflow processes are efficient & optimized.
Youll be based in our New York office & report to our Senior Director of Social. This role will be managing a team of video editors & will be a key player in recruiting & hiring for their team.
What Youll Do:
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of our content & distribution strategy across El Dodos Facebook & YouTube pages, including assigning videos to your team to repackage using data-backed insights, monitoring output, publishing to feed & stories, & owning all community management tactics
- Play a leadership role in refining our overall content & distribution strategy for our Spanish presence, & help formulate tactical recommendations as the cultural & media landscape evolves
- Strategically scale El Dodo team to maximize output by introducing additional franchises, increased midform publishing & long term, newly-created localized content, while keeping our KPIs & revenue goals at the forefront
- Create & execute growth strategies across both platforms with a deep focus on growing our U.S audience base
- Craft sales offerings to appeal to U.S. & International advertisers with Spanish-first content
- Engage & interact with our communities across Facebook & YouTube (ie. moderate comments, respond to DMs, respond to comments)
- Create supplemental content in Spanish to populate our FB/YT stories & YT community page including UGC, custom GIFs, takeovers, story franchises
- Own monetization & revenue tracking across platforms, flagging to stakeholders when problems arise & strategizing new plans of attack to solve them
- Be a thought leader in recommending & implementing unique, relevant content that doesnt already exist on The Dodo that will resonate with our audience
- Analyze performance from both a qualitative & quantitative perspective, & present platform-specific insights & trends with the broader team (through regular reporting as well as deep dive presentations); strive to continuously beat goals month-over-month to prove continuous success & growth
Success Will Look Like:
- Taking a 360 degree approach to platform management, striking the balance between being business minded with an ongoing focus on revenue while also being creative & strategic, leaning in to create community assets & staying close to our audience
- Demonstrating the ability to be a strong team player, taking initiative to drive projects forward, meeting deadlines & deliverables
- Being a solutions-focused team member who is consistently looking for ways to elevate El Dodos content & the brand as a whole
- Deliver data-driven, creative & insightful solutions across platforms
- 2+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated success in social media community management, community building, social media strategies, & outreach
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Bilingual (native English & Spanish speaker)
- Strong interest in the overall mission of expanding a successful U.S. based brand to an international audience
- A passion for The Dodo brand specifically & social media as a whole
- Good editorial judgment, writing skills, & ability to capture The Dodos voice in Spanish
- Strong attention to detail & time management skills are a MUST
- An aptitude for social media analytics, & the desire to connect data learnings to overall strategy in a meaningful way
Nice To Haves:
- International work experience a plus
- Experience with Facebook Insights, YouTube analytics & other third-party data reporting tools are a plus
About The Dodo:
The Dodo is the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019], & the most engaged media brand globally across all content genres [Tubular Labs, May 2020]. We tell fun, entertaining, emotional stories about animals that make people laugh, cry happy tears, feel ALL the feels, & fall in love with animals. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker to form Group Nine Media the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.