Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As the VP, Payments Compliance, you will lead Circles compliance efforts to meet the Companys strategic goals by driving compliance with the Payments Networks (VISA, MasterCard) rules & regulations, NACHA Rules, & other applicable U.S. & foreign payment rules & regulations. You will also oversee the design & enhancement of compliance with our state money transmitter license requirements. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated seasoned executive experienced in partnering with the business & other key stakeholders in building out & adhering to best practices for payments compliance.
What youll work on:
- Develop the companys compliance program that covers all of our payment activities, including acting as a third party sender for ACH & a payments facilitator under card network rules.
- Manage relationships with third party service providers of payment services (e.g., merchant monitoring, transaction laundering detection, reputation monitoring).
- Work closely with business partners & other key stakeholders to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Work closely with the compliance testing team & control partners to ensure those controls are appropriately tested.
- Work closely with issue management & reporting teams & control partners to ensure timely control remediation.
- Be the voice & subject matter expert to senior leadership & other stakeholders on all matters related to payments compliance.
- Work closely with regulatory partners to monitor & understand existing & evolving payments rules that apply to our business activities in all relevant U.S. & international geographies.
- Oversee & continue Circles development of its compliance program for its state money transmitter licenses.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency & blockchain technology & services built on top of it.
- 15+ years of payments compliance experience, including in wires, ACH, & cards, including 10+ years leading & managing payments compliance functions.
- Detailed understanding of the Payment & Debit Network, NACHA & other related rules & regulations.
- J.D. & B.A./B.S. degrees.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate & drive team performance excellence.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action & sound judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with & influence internal stakeholders, clients, payment & debit networks, & executive management
- Preferred education, skills & experience:
- Advanced degree in business or other industry-related field.
- Experience in & knowledge of cryptocurrency payment-related matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.