Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global R&D team at Harrys works cross-functionally to develop innovative & performance- driven products in the mens grooming market. The team is focused on advancing the Harrys brand globally.
About the Role
As a Program Manager on the R&D team, you will be responsible for owning the strategy & development for packaging products driven by our commercial roadmap (channel growth, geographic growth, brand moments, & new technology commercialization). Youll champion our new product introduction (NPI) process by being a close, trusted partner for our XF teams to scope launch plans & navigate development challenges. You will work with a global supplier network to drive new products from concept to customer ready. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with domestic & international travel to be expected (~25%).
Role & Responsibilities
Lead New Product Launches:
- Champion global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, & launch new products for the Harrys brand; largely focused on packaging development to support commercial opportunities
- This role requires both end-to-end ownership & cross-functional team management. Youll lead a cross-functional team comprised of retail, marketing, supply chain, distribution, logistics, production, quality, finance & business development teams to plan & execute new product & packaging launches.
- Regularly lead communication of key updates to senior management & provide ongoing program leadership to cross-functional teams
- Work directly with suppliers to design, prototype, & develop innovative new packaging products, & travel to manufacturing locations to lead development & give on-site approvals, as needed
- Perform in a fast-paced environment while continuing to be detail-focused/energized
Own R&D Systems
- Develop scalable systems & processes to support R&D team & Harrys global expansion
Develop Category Expertise
- Develop deep technical knowledge on the mens grooming category
- A Bachelors degree & 2-3 years in an analytical, dynamic role such as investment banking, rotational/management training program, startup or CPG company
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced & challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Strong communication - Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well
- Proactive self-starter - Ability to exercise independent judgment & discretion & operate with limited oversight
- Solution oriented - Ability to identify, escalate, & mitigate project risk appropriately; a no task too small mentality
- Roll with the punches - Resilient despite lack of resources & shifting priorities, ability to flex & pivot with the flow
- Desire to dive deep into details of manufacturing processes, develop & drive program management processes, & roll up your sleeves to bring amazing products to life online & on-shelf
- A positive attitude & sense of humor
- No experience in or understanding of manufacturing required (but a strong desire to learn is required)
- Chinese or German proficiency is a plus (not required)
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.