Reddit is looking for an enthusiastic & thoughtful Senior Communications Manager to join our growing Comms team! Reddit Comms works cross-functionally with executives & teams across the company to launch new products, develop narratives, mine for stories & build up our thought leaders in an effort to shape the publics perception of our brand, products & business.
About the Role
Our Senior Communications Manager will be a crucial part of a developing team -- supporting our Head of Brand Communications in storytelling, thought leadership & announcements across a broad portfolio touching Consumer Product, Design, Monetization Product, Ads Engineering, Brand Partnerships (Sales), & Business Development. In essence, the Sr. Communications Manager will help drive Reddits trade & product communications initiatives.
This is an exciting time for Reddit. Were growing quickly, innovating daily & aggressively tackling our mission to bring community & belonging to everyone online.
This position is available in New York or San Francisco.
What Youll Do:
- Support the Head of Brand Communications in building, executing, & measuring strategic communications plans related to Reddits product (consumer & ads), business & partnerships.
- Draft high-level messaging, communications strategies & supporting content (press releases, blog posts, key messages, FAQ, pitch notes, etc.) for announcements, activations, partnerships, & product launches.
- Build relationships with reporters & secure top tier coverage to reach our portfolios target audience.
- Media-train executives, business leads & spokespeople to ensure confidence & key message resonance for public-facing press initiatives, including interviews & speaking opportunities.
- Develop internal relationships & attend cross-functional portfolio meetings to stay informed on key initiatives & identify strategic storytelling opportunities.
- Quickly connect dots & information gather to respond to portfolio-related crises & issues.
- Identify strategic speaking & thought leadership opportunities for Reddit executives & thought leaders.
- Help build out Reddits relationships with key press, industry influencers, academics & others.
- Quickly & successfully address media requests in a tactful, pleasant & professional manner.
- Exercise discretion & independent judgment in fulfillment of responsibilities.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications-related field.
- 6-8 years of experience in product, trade and/or partnership communications, preferably with experience in both agency & in-house settings.
- Strong writer with vision & perspective to help shape narratives & comms strategies on both the portfolio & specific announcement level.
- Deep experience with media relations & proven results securing coverage across a variety of media beats & tiers.
- Creative, opportunistic & proactive storyteller who is constantly mining for stories & unafraid to dig in, research & pitch angles & ideas to the team.
- Energetic, assertive, results-oriented, self-starter with the desire & ability to go above & beyond. Seeks opportunities to contribute to the teams broader success.
- Understanding of Reddits business (ads) & familiarity with our products.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You love the news & have a fluency with news organizations, reporters & the various ways they communicate.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, & 10 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Generous Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time