Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco & Singapore. And we have over 400 employees & are growing!
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
At Braze, you have the opportunity to make an impact at a huge scale. We are searching for someone who can help to identify & understand the questions that we need answers to, in order to move product strategy & execution forward.
- You have 3-5 years of hands-on experience with a variety of qualitative & quantitative research techniques, along with the knowledge of when & why to apply them
- You are adept at leveraging mixed methods, creative about combining data points to bring clarity to problem framing and/or definition
- You have experience conducting all aspects of user research (identify problems to explore, design studies, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) & are able to show how your work has had a substantial impact
- You have experience navigating ambiguity & know how to balance autonomy, collaboration, & creativity
- You actively contribute to evolving UX Research processes, centralization & democratization of customer insights
- Bonus points:
- Complementary research experience with survey writing & analysis, market/competitive analysis, & analyzing product metrics are a plus
- Experience with FullStory, Productboard, GetFeedback surveys, Invision, Figma, Airtable, Lucidchart, Confluence, Jira, Zoom, Slack & Looker
We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps & informed design decisions, so be sure to submit your portfolio along with your resume.
WHAT YOULL DO
Braze is investing in its user research practice & youll be one of the first researchers within the product team. We believe your contribution as a researcher has the potential to advance our ethos, humanize brands, & make marketing more authentic.
You will get to contribute & participate in scaling our user research efforts. You may enjoy this unique opportunity if you are driven to infuse customer empathy in the organization that goes beyond your research expertise.
You will be working with multiple product teams ranging from message orchestration, artificial intelligence, analytics, & reporting. No matter what team you work with at Braze, you have the opportunity to collaborate closely with product managers, product designers, engineers, & peers working in customer success, support & growth teams to deliver solutions that make Braze an easy & delightful product to work with.
WHO YOU ARE
- You care about the holistic view
- You dont reserve empathy only for customers
- You are strategic & value collaborative research
- You can identify connections, opportunities, & issues early
- You have championed both the customer & business perspective
- You prioritize problem-solving & making progress over dogmatic rituals
- You communicate to inspire action & rise to the occasion with creativity
- You know how to learn, broaden & deepen explorations in an agile environment
- You help teams extrapolate & apply insights to the business vision
- You know how to analyze data, & synthesize findings into a coherent & truthful story
- You bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries, & actively seek to include, share & practice transparency
- You understand the need to balance the urgent with the important along with the essential logistics & project management that comes with it
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events & top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters every day.
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.