Deliveroo is transforming the ways that UK customers shop for groceries. You will work with our UK Commercial Grocery & marketing leadership to level-up the CX of customer shopping for groceries on the app.
What youll be doing
- You will become an expert in Q-commerce & customer performance & will develop & implement strategies & tactics to drive overall sales for our partners & Deliveroo.
- You will work directly with partners on key projects such as Category Vision, Range Reviews, Sector Deep Dives, etc.
- You will have strong credibility & will be able to build relationships quickly to influence either internally or externally towards the project objectives
- You will have a clear understanding of the Category planning process & the insights needed to identify & implement successful category growth initiatives
- You may be required to represent specific projects at any relevant internal meetings or external forums (industry conferences)
- You will be a key part of shaping the Q-commerce ranges of our partners & in sharing best practice more broadly in Deliveroo.
- Experience in a category management function is essential
- Highly analytical mindset with the ability to break down large data sets & turn them into actionable insights
- The ability to create a story using data & insight to influence customers & internal stakeholders
- Experience working with product, engineering & operations to build new functionality & processes from scratch a plus
- Fun, positive mindset & great at working collaboratively in a high performance, highly motivated team environment.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 & we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.