VICE News Tonight on HBO is looking for a Graphics Coordinator! This person will help manage the work of a ten-person design & graphics team, review & troubleshoot graphics, & research & develop visual journalism.
The graphics team is a tight-knit group of award-winning animators, motion graphics artists, & designers. We're looking for an excellent communicator that is very organized & wants to be the primary interface between the graphics team & the rest of the newsroom (VICE News Tonight production & post-production, & ViceNews.com). This person would be heavily involved in daily show production & ensuring that we make air each evening. Please note this is NOT a creative role.
**In order to be considered please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) & resume.
- Fielding requests from producers across the newsroom & allocating the resources on the graphics team to best accomplish those tasks.
- Projects range from medium-turnaround segments (1-2 weeks) to day-of breaking news under tight, often-stressful deadlines.
- Coordinates with the graphics team, news producers, assistant editors, & the control room to ensure that work is completed & delivered on time & without error.
- Troubleshoot, copy edit, & confirm that all graphics are accurate & make editorial sense.
- Contributes creative ideas to the team & helps develop bespoke graphics-initiated projects
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptionally organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Passionate about news
- Interested in visually presenting the news