Company Description|Job Description
The current enrollment & behavior management process between parents & school administratorsis inefficient & outdated. SchoolMint's mission is to streamline & modernize that system so that everyone can get back to what they do best - helping our kids succeed!
SchoolMint is a mobile technology platform that is helping districts to attract, enroll, develop, & retain students. SchoolMint & its Hero behavior management platformare used by K12 schools used by thousands of schools in more than 100 cities & 30 states worldwide. Our team consists of folks who have trained at MIT, Harvard, USC, UC Berkeley, & Stanford & have previously worked at The Climate Corporation, Edmodo, Apple, Pearson, & Teach For America. Headquartered in San Francisco, SchoolMint is well funded by reputable venture capital firms such as New Schools Venture Fund, Crosslink Capital, Kapor Capital, & Imagine K12 as well as some amazing angel investors pioneering the technology & education world.
At SchoolMint, we work hard to build & maintain a diverse & inclusive culture & work environment. We welcome all & value every individuality because we know how advantageous diversity is to our employees, our product, & our communities.
SchoolMint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
SchoolMint is actively searching for an Account Executive (AE) in our San Francisco office or select California remote locations. The FAE's primary goal is to help increase Hero K12 partnerships with Public School Districts & Charter Schools within a defined territory. The Account Executive responsibilities will include lead sourcing, qualifying, demonstrations/presentations, contract negotiations, & closing.The AE will be a compelling, articulate advocate of the value that our software solutions willprovide to schools & families.
The AE is a high-energy, self-motivated individual with exceptional communication & creative problem-solving skills. The AE is comfortable working in a fluid environment, is a team player, is coachable, & has a strong desire to continually learn & improve. To be successful, the role requires self-reliance, grit, & determination to persistently follow up with leads, qualify opportunities, & close contracts for our rapidly growing venture backed business. Excellent networking, presentation, & closing will be critical to success. We're looking for professionals with strong detail orientation, & superior organizational & follow up skills, who work well in a team environment. Prior closing experience along with K12 experience & a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Achieve monthly, quarterly & yearly revenue targets.
Manage the sales process from prospecting to negotiation, to the signing of the contract.
Make a high volume of daily emails & phone calls to decision makers.
Conduct exemplary sales presentation, & product demos.
Use, maintain & manage all opportunity data in Salesforce.com
Become a credible resource to & develop trusted relationships with K-12 school administrators & decision makers.
Maintain up to date & extensive knowledge on all Hero K12 product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings, & marketing materials. Effectively communicate our value propositions to key decision makers.
Stay current on industry trends & maintain extensive knowledge of competitor's product offerings.
Create & refine prospecting & selling strategies & test key hypotheses in collaboration with the team.
Maintain strong relationships with marketing & sales teams through clear communication & follow-up.
Participate on projects teams as needed to support Sales & Marketing initiatives
Represent our company at conferences, events, & other community engagement opportunities
Our ideal candidate:
- You have worked in K-12 education before & have an understanding of administrative processes, structure, & parent facing interactions schools manage on a daily & yearly basis.
- You have 3+ years of experience selling enterprise wide SaaS based system such as SIS/SRS, LMS, or CRM.
- You adhere to solution selling or challenger methodologies.
- You are familiar with sales processes, tools, & systems like Salesforce.com & Pardot.
- You have excellent verbal & written communications skills.
- You are highly motivated by managing the sales cycle from prospect to close.
- You are entrepreneurial & independent with the ability to challenge & inspire the SchoolMint team & customers.
- You have the organizational skills to balance & prioritize a high volume of tasks & objectives on a daily basis.
- You are proactive & self-reliant, & at the same time have a team first” mentality.
- You are tenacious & persistent & are energizing by hitting goals & deadlines & winning/closing deals.
- You love experimenting & finding better/faster ways to do things.
- You are organized, detail oriented, & understand the need to track everything you do.
- You can pick up the phone & talk to anyone, about anything, at anytime.
- You are willing to travel up to 40 percent of the time depending on location & territory
- You like to have fun at work!
- Competitive health benefits
- Commuter benefits program
- Competitive PTO program & paid holidays
- Stock Options
- Daily catered lunch & snacks all day long!
- Casual work environment with people that also know how to have fun!