VICE Media is looking for a temporary (3 month) Research Directorin our Brooklyn, NY office. This position will conduct & manage consumer research for both the VICE brand & client brands. Candidates should be proactive, organized, creative, & curious about the world around them. They should have extensive experience with qualitative, quantitative & trend spotting research. The Research Director will report directly to the VP of Insight.
- Manage day to day research projects for VICE & brand clients
- Translate research objectives into discussion guides, questionnaires, & data plans independently & in partnership with 3rd party research vendors
- Lead analysis & reporting of research results, working closely with the VP of Insight to finalize materials for presentation
- Responsible for day to day client communications regarding research initiatives
- Lead proposal writing
- Spearhead trend spotting & reporting to internal & external clients, consistently monitoring & researching youth trends in media, technology, music, sports, etc.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field required
- 7+ years experience in consumer research
- Solid project management & organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to innovate & think outside traditional research methodologies
- Ability to analyze & summarize data across methodologies quantitative & qualitative
- Experience with brand equity & communications tracking & campaign evaluation research
- Experience with attitude & behavior research, including segmentation
- Experience with trend spotting & analysis
- Proficiency with data analysis tools such as SPSS or SAS
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, KeyNote & Excel
- Excellent verbal, written an presentation skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience at a market research agency or media company is preferred
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.