About the Job:
LiveIntent is looking for anAssociateData Engineerto join our tightly knit Business Intelligence team. The BI team is responsible for all data-driven analytics, experimentation, & reporting within the organization. The primary focus of the team is to enable data-driven decision making & produce insights for both internal & external customers. Because of this, ideal candidates should be comfortable & capable of wearing many hats & speaking to different audiences.
You will be working closely with stakeholders across the organization to help them align their product direction against measurable KPIs & assist them in communicating those results back to the entire company. This position will contain exposure to all levels of the business & the ability to manipulate true big data at all stages of our data pipeline.
What Youll Do:
- By building, maintaining, & scoping tables from our AWS & Google Cloud infrastructure, you will assist in the BI teams strategic goals to run analyses & build statistical models that drive business decisions.
- Utilize advanced SQL to analyze data from our various DBs & sources. This includes Redshift, BigQuery, & Athena, along with others.
- Continually work with various teams to develop relevant KPIs & dashboards for them to monitor & explore relevant metrics.
- Interact daily with clean & raw datasets on the scale of KBs to TBs.
- Act as a liaison between BI & (Data) engineering to ensure that our data lake is optimized in a way that enables smooth & seamless analytics for the organization.
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years experience in data engineering ideally with a business analytics focus (relevant degree preferred).
- You possess a strong analytical foundation with advanced knowledge of SQL. Exposure to R, Looker, Presto & AWS is a plus.
- You are comfortable communicating a business perspective to tech stakeholders and, in turn, translating technical requirements into terms business stakeholders can understand.
- You prefer working independently & are comfortable with complex & nuanced data structures.
- You are a pragmatic thinker with a find-it, fix-it mentality.
- You have a high attention to detail & are intellectually inquisitive.
- You enjoy communicating & presenting findings to stakeholders at all levels.
- You are addicted to the satisfaction that comes with optimizing existing queries in order to make them run in less time using less CPU usage.
- Full fluency in English required.
- Exposure to cutting-edge analytics techniques & technologies.
- An adaptive team structure with room to grow your responsibilities.
We support employee health & wellness by providing:
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision coverage
- Healthy daily snacksand beverages on tap
- Family-friendly environment with work/life balance
- Summer Fridays (head out early to enjoy the great weather!)
- Weekly in-office Yoga & Pilates classes
- Subsidized gym membership
- LiveIntent sports teams (softball, flag football, soccer etc.)
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
We support diversity & growth within the company with programs & initiatives such as:
- Bi-annual performance & compensation review process
- Monthly Women with Intent meetings
- Book Club focused on reading & discussing career development-focused content
- Lunch & Learns with diverse speakers
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Access to professional development courses through LinkedIn Learning & Coursera
- Annual global offsite week focused on team-building, training & employee recognition
- Board games & Play Station for after-hours fun
Who We Are:
LiveIntent is changing the way people & businesses connect on the Internet. We use big data, predictive algorithms, & machine-learning to solve complex problems & deliver proprietary business value to our customers. To help propel our explosive growth, we are looking for sharp minds who can translate ideas into action & help drive innovation. As the only company bringing innovative, customer-focused solutions to email, this is your chance to help shape an industry while honing your skills with leading-edge technology.
LiveIntent delivers people-based marketing programs that empower brands to be present wherever their most essential customers are paying attention, at every point in the customer journey, irrespective of channel, device, or platform. With the anonymized email address at the center of its platform, LiveIntent & its Identity Graph provide incremental reach to brands. LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world: reaching over 160MM logged-in people across the LiveIntent platform, 170mm across the web, & 100mm in app. LiveIntent was recognized for the past three years as one of NYC's fastest growing companies (by Crain's) & as one of America's Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015.) LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in London, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dallas, Austin & Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.liveintent.com.