Think about compliance differently? Ready to drive true transformation in the ethics & compliance industry? Believe that digitalization will be the differentiator in ethic & compliance? Want to think like a marketer to engage & maintain culture? Excited to use data & analytics to derive true insights?
Well, this is the job for you! Convercent by OneTrust is expanding its Ethics & Compliance team & we are hiring an Ethics & Compliance Counsel. We are looking for an E&C generalist to help enhance & grow our internal program. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate, & dedicated ethics & compliance practitioner who plays within the rules but thinks outside the box.
Specifically, this individual will report to Convercent by OneTrusts Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer & would be responsible for supporting her/him in the following regards:
- Code of TrustDeveloping, periodically reviewing & providing updates to the Code of Trust; ensuring continued currency & relevance in providing guidance to management & employees alike to better enable them to manage the risk present as they perform their job functions,
- Policy Development, Implementation, & ManagementDeveloping, initiating, maintaining, & revising policies & procedures for the general efficacy & operation of the ethics & compliance program & its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct,
- Investigations & Dispute ResolutionResponding to, evaluating & investigating allegations raised via the Helpline, including violations of rules, regulations, polices, procedures & Code of Trust,
- Risk AssessmentIdentifying & mitigating potential areas of ethics & compliance vulnerability & risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans, & providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future,
- Helpline ManagementEstablishing & providing direction & management of the speak up/whistleblower helpline, ensuring proper reporting of concerns including those that may involve regulatory reporting obligations,
- Anti-RetaliationEnsuring a robust & operationalized anti-retaliation program that systematically addresses retaliation & helps minimize its risk,
- Third Party DiligenceEnhancing the internal Third Party Due Diligence process & practices to properly mitigate 3rd party risk within the organization,
- Data & AnalyticsMonitoring data & analytics & providing reports on a regular basis with the goal of keeping senior management informed of the operation & progress of compliance effortsreporting to include, but not limited to, key performance indicators, key cases, & analytics,
- Business Partnerships/Program OperationalizationProviding daily advice & strategic direction for incorporating compliance processes into business operations, processes & procedures,
- Communication, Training, & EngagementInstituting & maintaining an effective compliance marketing & communications program for the organization, including (1) promoting the use of the Compliance Helpline, (2) increasing & heightening awareness of the Code, & (3) enhancing the understanding of new & existing compliance risk, potential issues & related policies & procedures, with the main objective being working cross-functionally as appropriate to develop & effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing for all employees & managers,
- Testing & MonitoringPerforming testing & monitoring on the performance of compliance controls & related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness; also monitoring and, as necessary, coordinating compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities & to identify trends, and
- Thought Leadership & Industry ConferencesBeing a thought leader & conversationalist in ethics & compliance, helping move the ethics movement forward.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in the Ethics & Compliance industry
- Highest standards of ethics, professional integrity, & discretion
- Anti-corruption & bribery experience including counseling & defense
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with & advising senior executives of an organization
- Hands-on project management experience, including the ability to manage a large number & variety of mission-critical projects, working collaboratively, working independently & often in ambiguous environments
- Proven ability to operationalize a compliance program within a dispersed workforce
- Creativity & the ability to think outside of the box in ways that better manages risk & excels the internal program
- Ability to serve as an advisor & confidant to the workforce
- Team player & consensus builder with great people skills & a good sense of humor, who can effectively & efficiently collaborate to build relationships throughout the organization
- Sound & practical business judgment
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary & variable compensation ranges provided here are just thata range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications & education.
- Compensation: $110,000 - $140,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, & company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance & ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective & efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standardand expectationsfor how companies safeguard their financial & reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, & equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, & will be recorded & maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers & their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.