Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Our global Support Team provides world-class technical support to our customers. The Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) work closely with clients to resolve their most challenging problems, including debugging complex optimization campaigns, adapting experiments to run on different media types & helping customers interpret their results. Additionally, the support team enables customers to integrate Optimizely with other analytics platforms so they can truly make data-driven decisions. As an essential solution for our customers, Optimizely Support is available 24x7 to assure the success of our clients & minimize the impact of any critical issues.
Experience Optimization across web, mobile & server-side is still a new field, & we'll expect the TSE manager to challenge the TSE team to continuously improve our customer's experience while becoming more effective as a global organization.
What you'll do:
Ensure team SLA metrics & contractual obligations are being met
Oversee our VIP Priority Support program (white glove service)
Determine flight plans & career development for US team members
Identify knowledge gaps & organize training opportunities for the team
Advocate for the team & recognize their accomplishments in key initiatives
Proactively manage team/individual workloads to ensure appropriate bandwidth to support the customer
Continue to iterate on the function based on individual & team performance
Drive innovation & efficiency that allows the team to scale & perform at a higher level
Focus on personal / professional growth to contribute to business, team & customer objectives
Collaborate with Global Sr. Management & EMEA Management teams to streamline operations as a single global organization
Collaborate cross-functionally with the broader Success & Go-to-Market teams
Last escalation point for all customer requests with the ability to work on tickets if there are workload challenges
Leadership & Management:
- Acts as cheerleader, coach & counselor bringing visibility & recognition to team efforts
- Keeps team members motivated, fearless, committed & involved
- Manages performance of team members, providing feedback on how to balance tickets & projects to maintain customer SLA obligations
- Accountable for team's shortcomings & helps team members to identify education deficiencies & development needs
- Interpersonal skills recognized as elevating team morale
- Able to listen to others & have empathy for their concerns
- Inspire to accomplish business, team & customer goals
- Gathers feedback & questions the status quo of team processes to generate ideas & stimulate progress
- Designs for scale & thinks big picture
- Leads by example inspiring trust from the team
- Sets high expectations & holds others accountable to the responsibilities of their role
- Selfless & humble, defers credit unto others
- Personally seeks out & incorporates feedback to make relevant changes to improve
- Analytical thinker who values data to validate their ideas
2-5 years experience in a technical, customer-facing role with experience leading and/or coaching small teams
Strong understanding of support ticketing systems, business systems & support tools (e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce, JIRA, Appointlet, GetFeedback)
Experience working directly with customers & tackling challenging escalations
Deep empathy for solving customer issues & passion for providing an amazing customer experience
Catered in-office lunch on weekdays
Unlimited vacation policy
Fully paid health insurance for you & dependents
17 weeks full paid parental leave for new parents
Pre IPO stock options
Top-of-the-line MacBook Pro or MacBook Air & 27" monitor
Working with a great team, in an amazing office & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.