At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
As a member of our Marketplace Integrity team, you will preserve & protect our marketplace & community with objective policy enforcement, thoughtful community support & education, & implementation of systems designed to swiftly & proactively address risks to our brand & community.
- Respond to user concerns regarding a wide range of topics related to TpTs site policies, including inappropriate content, intellectual property, duplicate resources, or spam.
- Collaborate with the rest of the MI team on refining TpTs approach to policy enforcement, including by surfacing novel issues & helping to update enforcement standards & policies as appropriate.
- Main responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing & taking enforcement actions on content flagged as violating TpTs Content Guidelines;
- Responding to all other user concerns across the MI intake channels
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifying & escalating novel MI concerns to more senior colleagues
- Supporting the maintenance of the TpT policy library by identifying policies in need of updates or new areas for policy development
- Serve as an internal & external cross-functional expert on topics related to TpTs Content Guidelines & other policies.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believes in our mission to connect & empower teachers
- A level-headed approach to policy enforcement & able to apply policy objectively
- Creative problem-solver willing & able to do whatever it takes to quickly & efficiently investigate & help resolve customer concerns
- Proven ability to manage detail-oriented issues in a fast-paced environment, & a true commitment to preserving the integrity of our marketplace
- Excellent written & verbal communicator
- Track record of operating independently & collaboratively
- Self-starter who takes initiative & is able to work independently
- Believes that no job is too big or small & is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done well
- BA/BS required
- 1+ years of experience
- Teaching or education experience
- Diversity & Inclusion experience
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.