Technical Program Manager, Engineering Platform
At Squarespace, we enable millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. They do this by using our growing suite of software products (websites, online stores, marketing tools, & more). Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier & more predictable.
We are looking for an experienced TPM to partner with our Engineering Platform organization to help manage & deliver projects. Engineering Platform teams work at the intersection of technology & product. The services, frameworks, & libraries that they provide are foundational to Squarespaces product offering & enable our product teams to move quickly & confidently.
Example objectives include:
- Modernizing our platforms & codebase, proactively investing in scalable & performant solutions
- Reducing the impact incidents have on the customer experience, ensuring we are resilient to failures
- Building software that connects a diverse group of technology & business partners to support our strategy & vision
This is an individual contributor role & reports to the TPM Manager for the Platform & Data groups. TPM is part of the Engineering department.All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time.
We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
TPMs are responsible for:
- Dependency discovery during planning
- Definition of clear escalation paths
- Creation of clear & helpful plans for delivery
- Risk management & impediment removal throughout delivery
- Communication & coordination throughout delivery
- Coaching teams on delivery processes & tooling; temporarily facilitate agile processes, if needed
You will join a growing, talented team of TPMs who:
- Understand the customer & business problems theyre trying to solve
- Make it easier for teams to deliver solutions to these problems
- Manage risks & remove (or escalate) impediments to their success
- Engage stakeholders effectively through active listening & excellent communication
- Enlist support from peers, leadership, & other disciplines judiciously
- Acquire relevant functional, domain, & technical knowledge to perform their roles
- Receive feedback graciously & turn it into concrete improvements
- Pivot & adapt as needed to support the needs of Squarespace
- Serve as an ambassador for the TPM team, internally & externally
- Drive their career development at Squarespace & beyond
- Foster an equitable & inclusive culture
In your first three months, you will:
- Build confident & comfortable relationships with other TPMs, your partners in Engineering Platform, & stakeholders through 1:1s & meetings
- Learn about the customer & business problems youll be helping to solve & the technologies youll be working with
- Understand the delivery challenges facing your teams & stakeholders today, so you can begin to incrementally improve them
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining affinity Slack channels, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier & more predictable by driving for transparency & clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, & leaving our ego at the door. We treat processes & tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.