Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Internal Audit Lead to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
The Internal Audit Lead will be responsible for the establishment & management of financial compliance function including internal audit which will focus on the implementation & compliance with the Model Audit Rule (MAR).
You will own the definition, implementation, & future road map of our control process environment by working in depth with each department, understanding their methods for innovative service, & translating that into a clear, scalable, & dynamic control environment. You will also be adaptable to unforeseen events & demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, quickly responding to inquiries as well as a strong attention to detail.
In the first three months you will:
- Assess the internal tools available to drive testing for MAR & partner with our co-sourcing partner
- Work with the operational team on the initial compilation of testing & validation process flow charts & narratives for key processes.
- Evaluate other regulations & models to begin to formalize the financial compliance structure including, ERM, ORSA, etc
On an ongoing basis after implementation (6-9 months) you will:
- Assess & update the internal controls environment with Operational Leads to ensure that control structure is in place in a way that works with the business owners & not against them.
- Manage & conduct internal audits to provide assurance regarding the proper functioning of financial & operational internal controls.
- Determine the scope, objectives & procedures for assigned internal audits, based upon the annual audit plan.
- Review, execute, & update internal audit procedures so that they are effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk to the organization & evolve with changes in our technology & processes.
- Report to the Audit Committee & Board of Managers the results of internal audits performed & ensure that all agreed upon recommendations are subsequently implemented.
- Work with the external auditors to aim at convergence with a controls based audit & reduced audit fees.
- MAR responsibilities
- Supervise & conduct the testing of key controls.
- Communicate testing results to management, & agree corrective actions where appropriate.
- A minimum of eight years experience in internal audit or a related field. Public accounting experience or prior MAR experience required.
- Have lead & personally executed a complex SOX, MAR, or large internal control implementation project.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills with experience interacting with & presenting to Management-level personnel.
- Knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures, & principles sufficient to interpret & analyze complex concepts & apply them in innovative ways.
- An understanding of financial, operational, & information technology controls.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.