Hi, were Oscar. Were a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
About the role:
We are looking for an Associate, Pricing & Portfolio strategy, you will join the Pricing & Portfolio strategy team - which works closely with senior leadership to develop & execute pricing decisions for all Oscar products through a unique combination of data analytics & business intuition, focusing on the following:
- Craft recommendations using a data-driven approach combined with business intuition for c-suite executives to make pricing decisions that impact the organizations bottom line
- Source, organize, & analyze data to support all strategic initiatives in the team
- Create models & tools that produce actionable business insights to drive company-wide strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market trends, & key drivers
Who are you:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you take the initiative to identify gaps & tackle problems that might be outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Analytical & strategic mindset: you have an interest & willingness to learn more about broader business strategic tradeoffs & decisions
- Collaborative attitude: you are able to work effectively with other teams across the organization using your leadership ability, communication skills, & organizational awareness
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Mathematics, Statistics & Finance
- 2+ years in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment such as consulting, finance, economics, or business development; strategic experience is a plus
- Self-starter who can lead both strategic & technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity to drive to outcomes, work with large datasets & distill analyses into actionable business insights with a structured & systematic thought process
- Excellent executive communication skills - both verbal & written
- Strong proficiency with Excel, SQL, R, and/or Python to manipulate & analyze data
- Prior experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance industry a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.