With a mission to build the worlds leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content, interactivity, & integrated wagering, fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industrys current TV model. fuboTV operates in the U.S., Canada, Spain and, through its acquisition of Molotov, in France.
Fubo Gaming, a subsidiary of fuboTV, launched Fubo Sportsbook, a next-generation mobile sportsbook purpose-built to integrate with fuboTV, in 2021.
Were rapidly growing in employees, subscribers & our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
*We are open to remote employees for this position*
About the role:
FuboTV is changing the way people watch sports, & disrupting the live video marketplace. Were breaking new ground every week as we build the live streaming platform of the future.
We are currently looking for a VP, Streaming Media Operations, to lead our Linear/VOD acquisition & encoding, Fubo Networks, & Operations Support teams. This role will provide technical guidance & best practices for the video delivery pipeline. Knowledge of video acquisition methods (including satellite & terrestrial) along with ip transport & encoding best practices will be a must have for the position.
A successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of an MVPD ecosystem, & have experience managing multiple engineering teams. They must also have strong experience in the OTT space.
This role reports to the SVP of Global Engineering, fuboTV.
- Lead technical development of our video acquisition & signal processing pipeline
- Lead teams responsible for break/fix & analysis throughout our video workflow
- Overall responsibility for the long term vision & success of the Original Networks Engineering organization
- Overall responsibility for the long term vision & success of the VOD Engineering organization.
- Working with internal/external teams to mitigate & resolve any issues related to video
- Define & monitor operational key metrics for the department
- Perform vendor management as needed to ensure vendors provide the necessary product features
- Manage, coach & support growth within the team
- Work with multiple stakeholders to launch new services & features on the FuboTV platform
- Minimum of 10 years leading video engineering & operations teams in an MVPD environment
- Deep knowledge of MVPD-based linear ecosystem & working knowledge of OTT video distribution technology / architecture
- Experience with backbone video & distribution (Peering, Transport, POP sites, etc)
- Experience with various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi, RIST
- Experience with various video & audio codecs such as AVC, HEVC, AAC, E-AC3
- Experience with packaging solutions, including HLS & DASH
- Familiarity with DRM & content encryption, including 3rd-party integrations
- Understanding of alternate content in ABR ecosystem (ESAM, ESNI, etc)
- Understanding of SSAI workflows
- Team player, with ability to productively work with cross-functional teams
- Strong written & verbal communicators, able to communicate with engineering, management personnel, & end users throughout the organization
- Experience with on-prem video acquisition at a content provider or shared co-lo
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/GCP)
- Passion for new technologies, sports & entertainment
- Strong vendor relationships within MVPD community
- Experience operating playout automation systems in a live master control environment at a television/cable/MVPD (or similar) provider
- Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations related to video delivery
Perks & Benefits:
- At fuboTV, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses & learning opportunities
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company